1. It was in and through Jesus that God created everything (John 1:1-3).
2. The entrance of sin in this once perfect world caused its corruption and severed man’s relationship with
God (Isaiah 59:2).
3. Jesus came to earth as a man to die on the cross, serve as atonement for our sin and bear the weight of
God’s wrath. (1 Peter 2:21-25)
4. Then Jesus raised himself from the grave, continued his ministry on earth for 40 days before he
ascended into heaven, leaving the Holy Spirit with us. Now he sits at the right hand of God, freeing us
from the slavery of sin, until he returns to earth to claim his people and make all things new (Romans
8:34, Acts 1:8-9).
5. Hard as we might try to add something to that good news, there is no work that we can do nor is there
any amount of “good” within us that can earn God’s favor (Mark 7:21-23, Rom. 3:10-12). Left to
ourselves, we’re hopelessly lost. God alone works out our salvation by grace alone through faith alone
(Ephesians 2:1-10). And only by his perfect will and his sovereign plan does anyone come to know him
6. God left us with his infallible Word, which we hold as our highest authority (2 Timothy 3:15-17).
7. The Cross moves us, both spiritually and literally, for the sake of the Gospel and for God’s glorification
8. Our calling to Ethiopia is NOT the Gospel. It’s our response to it (Galatian 2:16-21).